Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
Revista Produção e Desenvolvimento adopts practices of respect for ethical conduct and procedures to avoid bad practices in scientific production.
The publisher has a duty to act on the suspected or alleged misconduct identified. This research extends to both submissions and published articles. This journal has as instruments: a) the principles and guidelines of scientific integrity of CNPq; b) COPE flowcharts to determine facts and determine the actions required in the resolution of cases; c) Scielo's withdrawal and concern recording procedures, which are based on the guidelines of international committees specializing in research ethics.
All parties involved in the publishing process, including editors, reviewers, authors and others, should be familiar with the ethics guidelines for publication proposed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), which can be found at http://publicationethics.org/resources/guidelinese
In general terms, the following statements described below:
1) Responsibility of the authors
- The authors are responsible for the content of their articles, as well as for the copyright of images, videos, and any textual or complementary elements of their article.
- The authors have agreed to work for free in the peer-review process for this journal in the future.
- The authors declare that they have significant contribution to the research disclosed in their article, if applicable.
- A paper should contain sufficient detail and references to permit others to replicate the work.
- The authors must offer to the journal retractions or corrections of possible errors.
- The authors must ensure that their text is original and must not submit the same text to more than one journal.
- The presentation of the Ethics Committee report of the researcher’s institution is mandatory if the article has been written based on a research that involves risks to participants.
2) The review process
- All the content of the journal is subjected to peer review by the method of double-blind peer review.
- Peer review is the process of having opinions on individual manuscripts of reviewers skilled in the field. This process is explicitly described on our website.
- The opinions should be as objective as possible and sufficiently grounded to improve the research and the text assessed.
- The reviewers should not have conflicts of interest when performing a review and they declare this in writing in the system of the journal.
- The reviewers should always address texts or excerpts already published and that have not been properly cited.
- All articles being reviewed are treated with confidentiality.
- The journal understands that any form of plagiarism is not acceptable and uses anti-plagiarism review tools.
- The final decision on the publication of an article is taken by the editors. Whenever an article has academic quality and meets the criteria established by the journal, it is forwarded to the double-blind peer review process, which is done by at least two reviewers.
- The only assessment criteria of the articles are their academic merit and their contribution to the improvement of the knowledge in the field; there is no discrimination of authors, for any reasons.
- Editors are not allowed to use information contained in the articles being reviewed without the explicit consent of the authors.
- The editors are available to answer any ethical question related to a submission.
3) Ethics in Publishing
- Editors take considerable efforts to avoid and prevent the publication of articles in which research misconduct occurred.
- Under no circumstances we encourage misconduct or allow them to happen.
- Any allegation of research misconduct is immediately investigated.
- The journal publishes errata to correct articles when necessary.
- The journal strives to publish corrections, clarifications, right of reply, retractions, and apologies when necessary.
4) Copyright and Universal Access
- The licenses used by the journals are described on the website.
- All articles are offered free of any access fees and are available in their entirety to any reader without the need of registration or password.
5) Other principles
- Information about property, copyrights, and/or management of the journal are explicitly indicated in the “about” section on the website of the journal.
- The journal also adopts as guidelines of Integrity in Scientific Activity the Guidelines presented by the National Council of Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq). These Guidelines are available at the following address: http://www.cnpq.br/web/guest/directs
- This journal does not charge any fee for submission, assessment, or publication, but may require the translation of the article by the author.
6) Formation of the editorial team
The editorial team is composed of researchers with scientific prestige who represent the different theoretical visions related to the thematic sections proposed in the RPD. The activity of the members of this team is voluntary and unpaid.
The team is composed of an editorial board and ad hoc evaluators. The role of the members of this Committee is to support the Editor in his decisions in the editorial process.
The editorial board must necessarily be multi-institutional and composed of scientifically and geographically distributed specialists covering different regions of Brazil and / or other countries. Recruitment, follow-up and eventual replacement of members is done by the Editor. The members of this Council must hold a doctorate for at least two years and have significant scientific and technical production in their area of expertise.
The evaluating committee is responsible for analyzing and issuing opinions on articles submitted to the journal. The development of your activities should follow the guidelines of the peer review process. This group must necessarily be multi-institutional and composed of uniformly distributed experts. The process of recruiting, monitoring assignments and, eventually, replacing ad hoc evaluators is done by the Editor. The members of this group must have relevant bibliographic production and minimum degree of master and desirable doctor, issued by a Stricto Sensu Brazilian Postgraduate Program, recognized by CAPES or in Foreign Graduate Programs equivalent to Stricto Sensu in Brazil with quality Recognized. External ad hoc evaluators may be invited to issue opinions for possible special thematic editions or when not available evaluators are available and have the technical knowledge to evaluate a theme.